Tawny Roberts in 2006
Adrienne Carol Almond
March 18, 1979
|Other names||Tawny, Tawni Roberts, Adrienne Almond|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
After high school Roberts went to college in Utah for fashion and design, but quit after 2 years and took a job in retail management in Los Angeles, California. It was during this time that she met Dayton, another pornstar and through her learned about the adult business. Roberts met her at the Key Club in Hollywood, which was well known by the locals for its live music. Dayton worked as a contract star for Vivid Entertainment and took Roberts in to meet with an executive of the firm. Because Vivid had been bought out by Hustler Entertainment, they told her that they weren't interested.
Dayton introduced her to some other friends, and through those introductions she was able to get work with the porn producers at Metro Interactive. In late 2000 and early 2001 she made three movies for them, Wild Cherries, All Teens Love Cum 1 and All Fucked Up, but she was not happy with the quality of the movies or her working conditions. As a result, she almost quit the adult business altogether. Roberts met former pornstar Jill Kelly, who had just started her own movie studio and was looking for new talent, and Kelly hired her for a role in her new movie Immortal, starring alongside Devon (who had recently left Vivid as well) and long time industry veteran Asia Carrera. This was the first time Roberts met Devon and they formed a friendship that would eventually become a business partnership with Roberts's own company.
After working for Jill Kelly, Roberts did some movies for other companies such as Odyssey, Evil Angel and Digital Sin. In 2002, she secured a two-year deal with VCA Pictures. The deal wasn't successful financially, and, within a few months she wanted out. A friend of hers suggested she give Vivid another try. Roberts got out of her contract with VCA and signed a two-year contract with Vivid that included six movies a year. Her first three films for Vivid won her critical acclaim, all gaining the highest reviewer ratings, including Most Beautiful Girl in the World, Unlovable, and Dual Identity. Marey Carey told AVN in January 2008 that she planned to include Tawny in a movie with Krystal Steal and other friends of hers, tentatively titled The Adventures of Mary and Krystal. Roberts retired from the adult industry around that time and moved to New York with her husband David O'Conner.
Mary Carey once said that Roberts had her heart broken by "a guy named Rich". Rick Patrick, a male pornstar, was Tawny's boyfriend for many years and husband for an unspecified number of years, appearing on screen together numerous times before Rick apparently left Roberts for pornstar Jesse Jane, whom he married in 2005 and later divorced in 2012.
Awards and nominations
- 2003 AVN Award nominee – Best New Starlet
- 2005 AVN Award nominee – Best Actress – Video (Unlovable)
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Film (Last Girl Standing)
- 2007 AVN Award nominee – Best Anal Sex Scene, Film (Emperor)
- "Tawny Roberts". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- "Tawny Roberts biography". Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Pornstar Devon Biography". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "Tawny Roberts MySpace". Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- "AVN adult movie reviews". Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- Eddie Adams (2008-01-04). "Krystal Steal to Sign with Mary Carey Productions". AVN Video. AVN Media Network. Archived from the original on 2008-06-14. Retrieved 2008-06-19.
- "Tawny Roberts Biography". monstersandcritics.com. Archived from the original on 7 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Wayne C. Lewis (2003-05-20). "A Chat with Gorgeous Adult & Mainstream Star... Gina Lynn". AdultFYI. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
- Gene Ross (2006-03-01). "Mary Carey: Nobody Loves Me!". AdultFYI. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
- Biography of Ricky/Rick Patrick/Richard Taylor IMDb
- Jesse Jane Biography IMDb
- "2003 AVN Awards Nominations List". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2002-11-27. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "2005 AVN Awards Nominations". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2004-11-14. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- Dan Miller (2005-11-25). "2006 AVN Awards Nominations Announced". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "AVN Awards 2007 Nominees". AVN.com. 2006-11-22. Archived from the original on 2007-04-23. Retrieved 2009-12-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tawny Roberts.|