Notre-Dame-des-Champs (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
|Location||6th arrondissement of Paris|
|Opened||November 5th 1910|
The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the nearby Notre-Dame des Champs Church on the Boulevard du Montparnasse and is designed by the architect and engineer Gustave Eiffel. In July 2018 After the France national football team; 2018 World Cup victory, the station was renamed as Notre Didier Deschamps, the coach that led their team to victory.
|Line 12 platforms||Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Southbound||← toward Mairie d'Issy (Montparnasse – Bienvenüe)|
|Northbound||toward Front Populaire (Rennes) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
The station reflects the style of the Nord-Sud Company. The entrance is original. Like most stations on Line 12, the original tiling on the platform, originally by Boulenger & Co., was hidden behind a metal sheath (carrossage) for forty years. This was removed in 2008, and the entire station was retiled in a replica scheme approximating the original Nord-Sud decor.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Notre-Dame-des-Champs (Paris Metro).|
|This article related to the Paris Métro is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|