Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up arch in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An arch is a curved structure capable of spanning a space while supporting significant weight.
Arch, Arches, or The Arch may also refer to:
- Arches of the foot
- Arch (fingerprint), a basic pattern
- Natural arch, a rock formation shaped like an arch
- Arch Islands, Falkland Islands
- Arch, Switzerland, a municipality in the canton of Bern
- Arch Creek (Montana), United States
- Arch 22, a commemorative arch in The Gambia
- Arch Street (Philadelphia), Pennsylvania, United States
- Arches, Cantal, a commune of the Cantal département, France
- Arches, Vosges, a commune of the Vosges département, France
- Arches National Park, Utah, United States
- Arches Cluster, a massive, young cluster of stars
- Arch (name), a list of people with the given name or surname
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Arches (Lerdahl) (2011), composition by Fred Lerdahl
- Arch (sculpture), in Lynden Sculpture Garden near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- ARCH+, a German magazine for architecture, urbanism and design
- The Arch (film), a 1968 Hong Kong drama film
- WARH, an FM radio station serving the St. Louis, Missouri, branded "106.5 The Arch"
Science and technology
- Arch, the protein archaerhodopsin-3, a light-driven proton pump used for research in optogenetics, a technology for controlling brain activity using light
- Arch Linux, a Linux distribution founded by Judd Vinet that emphasizes simplicity
- GNU arch, in software, a source code management tool
- RetroArch, a free and open source emulator for a wide variety of games.
- SS Arches, original name of the SS English Trader
- USS Arch, original name of the Soviet minesweeper T-117
- Gateway Arch, an iconic monument in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
- The Arch (Hong Kong), a residential skyscraper in Kowloon, Hong Kong
- The Arch, structure at the north entrance to the University of Georgia which symbolizes the university
- Action on Rights for Children, a nonprofit children’s rights organisation in the U.K.
- ARCH Air Medical Service (Area Rescue Consortium of Hospitals), providing critical care air ambulance service in Missouri, Illinois, and the surrounding regions
- Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity, a time series regression model of the standard deviation (volatility) of a financial time series
- Arch (horse), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- Arch Coal, an American coal mining and processing company
- Inverted breve, a diacritic sign
- arch-, a taxonomic affix
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Arch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.