European Carp was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was REDIRECT
Page was newly created and filled with garbage. Should be deleted unless somebody has actually something to say on this topic. Wilke 23:04, 2 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Redirect to Common carp. [[User:Dpbsmith|Dpbsmith (talk)]] 23:50, 2 Nov 2004 (UTC) Comments: The content of the page was obviously intended to be
- European Carp
- European carp are known to be voracious eaters
- 1) The right term for this is not "garbage," but "substub." I would even call it a legitimate substub. It looks to me like a perfectly well-meaning, good-faith effort by a newbie. The repetition of "European carp" is obviously just unfamiliarity with Wiki markup.
- 2) on checking Google, I quickly find that "European carp" is Cyprinus carpio, and I find on checking our Carp article that we have a pretty good stub on Cyprinus carpio under the title Common carp.
- 3) In other words, European carp is just another name for Common carp. It's undoubtedly called that because it was introduced into the U. S. from Europe.
- 4) Therefore, the right thing to do is to make European Carp and European carp both redirects to Common carp, and add a note to Carp and Common carp noting that European carp is another name for the fish. This seems so obvious to me that I am going to violate process and make the redirect immediately. If anyone thinks it's necessary to discuss this further in VfD, they can revert my edit to European Carp, and slap my wrist. [[User:Dpbsmith|Dpbsmith (talk)]] 23:44, 2 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- P. S. "Filled with garbage?" How could anybody pass up an opportunity to use the phrase "full of carp?" [[User:Dpbsmith|Dpbsmith (talk)]] 23:58, 2 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Well, 90% of anything is carp. Inky 03:30, 3 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Making it a redirect would work. I'm not entirely happy with trying to save the "work" of people who add articles like this, but I won't carp about it if someone makes it a redirect. Geogre 17:59, 4 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- The carp's been redirected. Dralwik 21:06, 7 Nov 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like other '/delete' pages is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.