This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|AD 57 by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 57|
|Ab urbe condita||810|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙辰年 (Fire Dragon)|
2753 or 2693
— to —
丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
2754 or 2694
|Coptic calendar||−227 – −226|
|- Vikram Samvat||113–114|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3157–3158|
|Iranian calendar||565 BP – 564 BP|
|Islamic calendar||582 BH – 581 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 57|
|Minguo calendar||1855 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||368/369 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||599–600|
183 or −198 or −970
— to —
184 or −197 or −969
AD 57 (LVII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Caesar and Piso (or, less frequently, year 810 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 57 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Envoys from Cilicia come to Rome to accuse their late governor, Cossutianus Capito, of extortion; the Roman Senate is supported in the case by Publius Clodius Thrasea Paetus.
- Emperor Nero becomes a Roman consul.
- In Britain, Quintus Veranius Nepos becomes governor in place of Aulus Didius Gallus. He begins a campaign against the Silures of south Wales.
- Also in Britain Venutius begins his rebellion against his wife Cartimandua.
- Emperor Guang Wu grants Nakoku (located around modern-day Fukuoka City) a golden seal, being the oldest evidence of writing in Japan. In return King Na sends an envoy to China.
- March 29 – Guang Wu dies after a 32-year reign and is succeeded by his son Han Mingdi.
- Accession of King Talhae as Korean ruler of Silla.
- Paul of Tarsus writes his Second Epistle to the Corinthians and his Epistle to the Romans (probable date).
- March 29 – Guang Wu, Chinese emperor (b. 5 BC)
- Quintus Veranius, Roman consul and general
- Yuri, Korean ruler of Silla